Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move over problem and how to refresh the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

kate8

Programmer
Feb 14, 2001
US
Hi everyone,

I have a Flash which includes two major MovieClips. The MainMenu is the main movie, and animateImg is another movie which is in the center of the flash doing the animation. When the mouse move over the MainMenu, main menu part, the submenu will show on the center of the flash, the animateImg will invisible, when the mouse move out of the MainMenu, the animateImg will continue showing. The following actionScript is using to control this action.
Now the problem is when the mouse move out of the MainMenu, the animateImg come back showing no problem, but when the mouse move over the center of flash which still is the area of MainMenu, but not the main menu part, the submenu will always show. But when the movie is first load, this does not happen, only after the mouse move over the main menu, the submenu showed. What I want is that submenu only show when the mouse moves over the main menu, not in the other area of the MainMenu movieClip. I hope I have explained it clear. I can’t send my .fla since there are so much info in it.
Is there any way I can solve this problem? Also is there any way I can set up the flash refresh in some certain conditions or reload? Since after refresh or reload the submenu won’t show even the mouse move over the center part.

Very appreciate any suggestions and ideas!!!

this.onEnterFrame = function() {
if (this.MainMenu.hitTest(_root._xmouse, _root._ymouse, true) == true) {
this.animateImg._visible = 0;
}
if (this.MainMenu.hitTest(_root._xmouse, _root._ymouse, true) == false) {
this. animateImg._visible = 1;
}
};
stop();

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search