Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.Move or some other method to a specific recordset? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyputty

Technical User
Jul 28, 2005
US
Is there some sort of move method in which I can move the pointer to a specific record at run-time?

Here is my problem:

Table1:Customer
CusterID
LastName
FirstName

Table2:CustomerAccount
AccountID
CustomerID

Many-to-Many relationship: Many customers can have Many accounts

I have set up navigation buttons: First, Next, Previous, Last. They work great for navigatin the Customer table because every CustomerID in that table is a single entry. However, not the case in the CustomerAccount table. In which enteries look like this:

AccountID CustomerID
11111001 1001001
11111001 1001002
11111002 1001001
11111002 1001002

I need to be able to retrieve at run-time from text box "txtCustomerID" and use it to find the corresponding value in the CustomerAccount table to set the pointer. This way I can get the navigation buttons to show the corresponding AccountIDs associated with each CuctomerIDs. I can only navigate with the Customer table info right now.

Thanks,
KellyPutty

A quick and dirty solution is to use the VB Application Wizard and build a master/detail form, which will keep everything synchronized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back