Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move MSys Tables to Backend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodrunner79

IS-IT--Management
Dec 27, 2005
US
Access has bunch of MSys* tables that were/are created when the DB is created. Is there anyway, I can move these to another backend database and link to them so that I can delete them on my front-end app? The reason why I'm asking is because I have a lot of objects and code on my front-end app. These tables are storing that data and is making my front-end MDB larger in disk size.

Can't means won't try.

No way. Don't even think of attempting to mess with these tables. You are sure to corrupt your files.

Have you attempted to repair and compact your front-end? Do you have images in your forms/reports?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

These tables are storing that data and is making my front-end MDB larger in disk size.
Even if you could, I cannot imagine the system tables add much. Definitively a tiny fraction of the database size. As Duane pointed out, you likely have bigger problems. IMO all front ends should compact on close. Some people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back