Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move Mirror Drives from one Sun e450 to another e450

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinuxvsWindows

Programmer
Nov 16, 2011
US
Hey, I'm kinda new to Solaris. We have a Sun e450 running Solaris 7 with DiskSuite running on it. However, we had a power outage recently and now the box will not come back on and when it does the boot drives are corrupt and will not boot no matter what I do including booting off a CD to access hard drive data or trying to recover the corrupt drives. The big thing is there is quite a bit of source code on one of the mirror drives that I desperately need. I have another e450 that doesn't have DiskSuite on it YET, but will soon. I want to install DiskSuite on the working e450 and then pull out the two drives that has the source code on it (they are labled with which has what on it) and move them over to the new system.

LONG STORY SHORT: I need to recover the data off these drives so I can put them on a CD for long term storage.

How can I pull the mirror drives from the bad e450 and move them to the working e450 and configure them to work with the new e450 without losing ANY of the data that is on them?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back