Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

move message to the personal folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2003
US
I moved some messages from my inbox to my personal fodler (pst). should the message disappear on the blackberry device as well? in my case, the message still show up on the Blackberry.

Any ideas?

Blackberry device doesn't understand what a "move" is, especially to a folder that does not exist in it's little world. You'd need to delete any moved mails manually from the blackberry.

In BES 4.1 you can enable Hard Delete support (it's off by default). Moving a message from your mailbox to a pst file would be the same as a hard delete in Outlook. The BES needs to see the message in the deleted items folder to reconcile the soft delete to the handheld.

Regards
jpaf

I have looked and looked for this setting, can you please help and tell me where it is?

Appreciate the suggestion but that is a server side fix, I was looking for a fix on the client. I'm not the BB admin, just a user.

Theres an option on the BB Hide filed messages, go into your email, select the menu button select options then under general options change to yes.

Richard Baker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back