Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move Macola Progression to twin of existing server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny782

MIS
Mar 15, 2010
US
I have macola progression 7.7.400 running on a 2003 std server with sql 2000 enterprise sp4.
I'm not an expert on this product so I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible.

I built another 2003 std server, sql 2000 ent sp4.
Installed macola 7.7, launched the client and then installed the 7.7.400 updated
I restored all the databases and had our so called expert try to work with it.
He said the logins didn't work.

Now during this whole process I installed everything into the same paths, same share names, same network drive letters.
I considered just copy the MACSQL folder from the old server over but didn't try.....

Does anyone have a document?
I found a document on exacts site for moving sql but not progression. I opened a ticket asking for such a document but they just blew me off and pushed me off onto a company I've never heard of.
I'm waiting for them to call me back now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kenneth

Wait for support. You likely have to run sql scripts to sync the supervisor password in the database with the SQL server master database. When you add a user in SQL to map the user to a database. Move the database and you will still have the users on the database but not in SQL. There is a process to go thru, which is best followed with support.

Is the SQL Server name the same? If not, please edit the macsql.cfg file in notepad and change the SQL Server name. It appears once per database.

NEMacGuy is correct, installing Macola does not copy over the existing users from the SCREENS database, and the SQL Server doesn't have those users in it either. You should be able to log in as SUPERVISOR, password SUPERVISOR at this point. Please try this and report back, and we'll take it from there.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back