Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move extension from prologic to definity 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

newphonedoer

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2004
US
Hopefully my question will make sense since I do not know all the technical terms. Here goes. . .

I have a definity PBX in our main location. Attached via a t1 line is a prologic system. There are no other incoming our outgoing lines. All calls go through the definity (except of course between extension in this building). There are only a handful of extensions on this prologic. We now have IP set up on the definity and to save the $$ on the T1 I am trying to move the extensions back to the definity. I assume there must be a setting on the definity that says when I call the extension that is physically connected to the prologic to send that call there. I want to turn that off for only one extension at a time, as I gradually move to all IP.

Hopefully my question makes sense. Thanks for your help.

I'm guessing that you are using Uniform Dial Plan (UDP) to steer the numbers to the Prologix. I don't know what your dial plan is like (do you have a block of 100 numbers pointed to the Prologix). or what version of software you are running on the Definity. Either way, do a 'change udp x' or 'change uniform-dial x' where x is the station that you want to convert to IP. Either mark it as 'local' or remove it from the UDP table.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back