Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move Exchange Data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

labninja

MIS
Jan 18, 2000
ZA
I have a crashed SBS 2000 server - don't we all? I can still get to the data, so I would like to reinstall on a brand new HD and then just transfer the Exchange data. Any Buddy knows about an article on how to succesfully acheive that?

For Shore!
labNinja

If you do that it's beter to acess to the sytem
Are you able to restart your server ?

If you restart the server you have to left click on
the Webstore and change the location file.

Not sure on SBS but I just posted the steps a few minutes ago for someone else on here. But anyways here they are again :)

1. Perform a full backup of all Exchange Storage Groups, and the Site Replication Service on the current Exchange Server.
2. Take the current server offline.
3. Reset the machine account for the Exchange Server.
4. Bring the new server online, either rename or install using the same server name. Make sure drives are setup the same. At least have the same letters with enough space as original server.
5. Log into the new server with a Full Exchange Administrator account. (Administrator)
6. Install any necessary components required for Exchange 2000, such as IIS and Windows 2000 Service Pack 1 or 2. Along with Q301625 also know as MS01-044
7. Run Exchange 2000 setup with the following parameter, Setup /disasterrecovery, Be sure to select Action-Disaster Recovery for the Message and Collaborative services and Exchange System Management Tools.
8. After setup completes apply any hotfixes or service packs for Exchange.
9. In Separate restore jobs, restore Storage Groups and the Site Replication Service from the Exchange Server backup.
10. Mount all stores after restores are completed. Verify client connectivity and mail flow. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back