Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move Cursor or Refresh SystemTray Possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRUSA

Technical User
Sep 23, 2004
US
Hello Everyone,

I still consider myself a newbie when it comes to VBS or any scripting languages. Wondering if someone had any ideas or a solution for this glitch I have with my vbs process

I wrote a VBS that closes two particular processes that run in my system tray with the windows xp "taskkill" command.

After it closes those processes the icons still remain in my system tray. Regardless After I close the processes, My script does some copying of directories, to other locations, etc....

After everything is done.

The last portion of my script relaunches my two applicaions.

The big problem is this, when I run this now I have duplicate icons on my system tray. So lets say I ran my process twenty times I would see a huge line of the same icons.

To Get rid of that as of now I just move the mouse cursor, (hover the mouse" over the system tray and the ones that are not in use simply disappear.

Not a big deal, but with the people I work with they freak out, "Why are all thes instances opened!!"

Is there any way I can just give the mouse the x, y coordinates tell it what area to move to, or is there any way just to simply refresh the systemtray.

I mean any help or suggestion would be really appreciated.
I've looked all over and I can not seem to find any solutions for this...

Should I take another approach in fixing this issue?

Thanks In Advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back