Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move Bulk of Orders to Closed Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

prog_0927

Programmer
Jan 3, 2022
US
Using Progression 7.9.310. We have a lot of old orders that need to be moved to the "L" Closed status in our active header/lines. Is there any repercussion to changing the status on the headers to "L" via SQL? Or is there a way to do this via Macola in bulk (don't want to do one-by-one, there is a lot).

OK status L means customer orders. There is no way to mass do this in Macola. If you own Wisys you could do this in a process grid.

SQL Is not that simple. At least 3 tables must be updated:

OEORDHDR_SQL - status changed to L
IMINVLOC_SQL - qty_allocated must be reduced for every line item IF it is a controlled item
IMINVTRX_SQL - the entire type A (allocation) record must be deleted IF it is a controlled item

These 3 tables are at a MINIMUM. If you use kits, forced demand PULL, hard allocation, serial/lot or bins, there could be several more tables involved.

Honestly the best practice is to delete the orders.

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

My apologies not responding sooner, it has been a crazy few months. Thank you very much for the response and this was very helpful in understanding the process. I think I am going the Wisys Grid route to ensure that all gets reconciled.

As Don already mentioned - lots of files involved when making changes to sales orders. If it's just the allocations you are worried about one option would be to change the order status with SQL (in bulk) then run the IM reset allocations process. You could always try this out in a test company first.

Peter Shirley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back