Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move a user from Mer Mail to Mer Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Anyone know if I can back up a single user's mailbox and restore it to another system?
I have a customer that is moving 1 person to another location and they have about 8 messages in their mailbox that they would like to move with them. It is the same release of mail RLS 13 at both locations.

conf the one mailbox to the other and play them back to the other voice maibox, and repeat for each message.....

If you have the same mailbox number built in 2 Meridian Mails, example mailbox 2525, you can use your tape drive to make a Selective Mesages backup of the messages for mailbox 2525.
Then take the backup tape to the new location and perform a Restore from Selective Backup.
You can perform a selective restore on an operating system with no interruption.

Thanks bill I'll give it a try and let you know. I told them worst case if it don't work then we can at least record their existing messages to a tape and save them that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back