Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MouseWheel event not fired with TImage

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJWhite

Programmer
May 20, 2003
GB
I have a small test program with a TImage component on it, and a label. I have added code to the MouseWheelDown and MouseWheelUp events to display a counter in the label.

The problem is that the mousewheel events don't seem to fire on certain areas of the form. The width of the "dead" area seems to correspond to the Image component width (but it is not where the Image is on the form).

Test bed is C++ Builder 5 on Windows 98 SE. I have tested the exe on 98, 2000 and XP with the same result.

I re-compiled the program using C++ Builder 6 on Windows 2000, and there are no "dead" areas - and this exe performs correctly on Win98, XP and 2000.

I cannot find any mention of this on the internet. Is it a Windows 98 problem, or a Builder 5 problem? Is there a workaround, or do I need to migrate - OS or Builder.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any comments would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

David

You said it works okay on windows 98 if you compile under version 6.0? It sounds like a compiler version issue, but it could be an MFC version issue. Maybe contact Borland with this info and they can look into it.

Chris

Thanks for your reply, Chris.

I've tried compiling under Builder 5 on XP as well as 98 with the same results. (Builder 5 with Borland Service Pack 1)

All the indications are that the fault in is C++ Builder 5. I haven't tried compiling under C++ Builder 6 on Win98.

I was just surprised that no-one seems to have come across this before.

Thanks again
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back