Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mouseover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattwatters

Technical User
Dec 2, 2003
GB
Hi

I am writing a perl script which prints out a html table containing various variables. I was wondering if anyone would know how to add on mouseover functionality so that when the mouse goes over the text or variable inside the table an alert window pops up

<td>25</td>

i.e. when the user hovers over 25 a pop up window appears. I will add functionality to the pop up window at a later date for now a simple &quot;hello&quot; messgae on the alert would be fine.

thanks

<td onmouseover=&quot;alert('hello')&quot;>25</td>

Or did you want a browser window? The problem there is that browser windows are slooooow to open and may anoying if it's activated too easilly.

ok to do this put this on the outsides of the 25 like this
Code:
<td><div onMouseover=&quot;alert('hello')&quot;>25</div></td>
to put in a popup window use this
Code:
function popUp() {
window.open('url.html','nameforwindow','height=300 width=300')
}

<td><div onMouseover=&quot;popUp()&quot;>25</div></td>
of course you can add more functionality to the popup but that is a simple one...if you need more help with the popup or anything else just post back here
Jammer1221

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back