Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouseover text 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevejones

Programmer
Jul 3, 2002
GB
When the mouse pointer is over a field value, a popup text displays the field name etc. I know this can be set to blank, but can it be switched off?

Steve

Hey Steve,

To switch the tooltips off, right click the field, and hit Format. Once in, under the Common tab, hit the X+2 condition button relevant to Tool Tip Text. Type chr(9) in the edit window.

Repeat this for each object you want tooltips removed for.

Naith

File, Options, Layout Tab:
Turn off:
"Show Tool Tips in Design" and/or
"Show Tool Tips in Preview"

Cheers,
- Ido
CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Thanks IDO,

I have found this option in Crystal Reports, but if we are creating the report from within vb.net, are the same options still available to toggle on/off. I am looking but cant find it.

Hey guys,

This is an old post...but just to add a note:

We tried to do what IdoMillet suggested, but that only works if you're looking at it within the CR IDE. If you try and open it in a viewer in, say, a VB6.0 application, the tool tips are back.

Anyone know how to ditch them other than the chr(9) way?

Thanks,

D

Hey D,
I've been looking all over trying to suppress tool tips on some fields only, I'm using the Crystalreportviewer V10 with ASP.NET and get the same blank tab tool tip as you do in VB, did you find an answer?

Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back