Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

machinetype

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2002
US
Hello,

I am pretty new to Linux so this may be an easy one. I have a kvm between four computers. They are redhat 7.3, 8.0 Whenever I boot either of the Linux computers without the kvm switched to that computer the mouse will start having convulsions. Once the computer has booted and I switch to the computer the mouse is acts very irrational. So I guess I need to edit something in x11? Please advise. Thanks

SLM

It's a known problem. It has to do with X and the way cheaper KVM switches handle null signals. The Xfree mouse handler just poops out when it get the semi-non-spec PS/2 or ImPS/2 signals. The bigger 8+ rackmount KVM's have no such problem, of what I've been told.

I dont have a KVM, so I can only repeat what friends and others say about it. And if I'm correct, the new Xfree86 (version 4.3.0) can handle the bad ps/2 sync commands. (In other words, it works) Please let Tek-Tips members know if their posts were helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back