Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse Pointer Disappears - PhotoPiant X3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sfen66

Technical User
Mar 21, 2005
GB
Hi
I've noticed two recent changes in PhotoPaint X3. I haven't fiddled with my settings so I am not sure how it happened:
1. My mouse pointer dissapears when it is hovering over the work area, it reappears when it goes over a toolbar. Changing between objects and backgrounds does not make any difference.

2. When I use the clone tool I used to get a circle indicating which pixels I was going to pick up and another circle indicating where those pixels were going to be dumped. I now get a brush icon.

Any idea how I reurn things back to normal?

Many thanks.

THe only time I have had issues with the mouse pointer disapearing is when working on file sizes that stress the limits of my hardware. At home, I have Corel 11 on an 7 year old 1ghz machine, and this happens frequently on files over 2mb.
As for the clone tool, I never noticed a brush icon, but before the first point is set, there is no second circle. After the both are visible, it works as it always has.

You could always restore the defaults (hold F8 at bootup) and see if things behave "normally".

Thanks Attrophy however I don't think that it is a resource issue as my PC has plenty of resouces available :) The problem of the disappering cursor seems to have resolved itself.

I have found out how to get rid of that annoying brush icon.
Options/Workspace/General/ go to the 'Cursor Type' menu and change 'Tool' to 'Shape' everything is now back to normal. Better get back to work.
Sfen66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back