Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse pointer disappearing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toman

Technical User
Mar 30, 2004
CZ
After pressing a key in Textbox or so, mouse pointer disappears and comes back after almost any mouse action. True for Windows and VFP too.
Is it possible to simulate this state (mouse pointer disappearing) programmatically?
In fact, I can avoid situation when disappearing would be helpful, nevertheless I'd like to know the answer.
Thank you in advance.
Tom.

Very interesting thing. It looks like some side effect. _screen.MousePointer = 13 should change mouse pointer if cursor is over a screen, But it works my way. Cursor over a form disappears and comes back after mouse action as I need.

Resolving the problem where to return "screen" mouse pointer to default I have tried command
Code:
_screen.MousePointer = 1 && which force the pointer remain the arrow type
later even
Code:
[b]_screen.MousePointer = 0[/b]  && which force the pointer goes to default shape type
So no other command is needed.

The minor disadvantage is that VFP was knocked down few times during my experiments with _screen.MousePointer.

Thank you Mike

I have found a reason for shuting my VFP down during testing. [RED]It has absolutely nothing to do with recommended _screen command. [/RED]

My previous post was written poorly, it was not clear whether I am thanking Mike for knocking down my VFP, or for his tip.

Of course I'm thanking him for excellent and helpful tip and giving him an star.

And finally: I have accepted Mike's recommendation in most generic form
Code:
_screen.MousePointer  = _screen.MousePointer

Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back