Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse Plug 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

walt436

Programmer
Apr 26, 2002
US
The mouse I am currently using has a 9 pin plug in the shap of the letter "D". The mouse no longer works and someone gave me a new one but the plug is round and has 6 pins. How can I use the new one??? Thanks.

OK the 9pin (D shape) is a Serial mouse old school. The new round mouse plug is PS2 your computer should have it had it been bulit after 1997ish most boards came with the PS2 connectors either AT cases had the Add-on slotted below with the video or ATX with it next to the Keyboard port. i haven't seen any PS2 to Serial Adpaters

GOLCPL: Yeah they make them. Most of the ps/2 mice that came out right after the changeover had them in the box. If you have a computer store in your area they should have one. DB9 to PS/2 adapter.

Make sure you get the right one - there is serial to ps/2 and ps/2 to serial (male and female are reversed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back