Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mouse over a button

Status
Not open for further replies.

canobe

Technical User
Jan 18, 2003
MY
hi guys, im using authorware 5.2 in my assignment. but i have a doubt here, is there anyway to do a mouse over in AW 5.2?? what i need is not a simple mouse over animation, example, when i move over a mouse to a button, the animation should be place in other place not change in the same place. it just like some javascript mouseover. can anyone get what i mean here?

You can create an up, down and over state for the button.
When you add an interaction you can access the buttons panel from the response panel.

If you want any 'tartier' animation on your buttons you could import from flash and put a hotspot over the top ???

Instead of a button, if you used a hotspot, you could set the "Match" field from "Single-Click" to "Cursor in Area". Then whatever animation you want could be placed in the feedback branch of the interaction (you may have to tweak the "erase" setting to not erase the feedback).

thanks guys i did managed to make a rollover now with the hotspot. another thing is, when i click on it it should link to other page, but the menu page is still there. does it mean that i need to erase the entire window before diaply the content of the link?

why my hot spot roll over still appearing when i mouse over to the same place but in different display icon. how to solve this problem???

If your hotspot is still appearing later in the program, then you may have to tweak the Active if: on the responses section of that hotspot. I set up my page ID in a calc icon at the top of each page
PageID := 1 for example, then the hotspot will be
active if: PageID = 1
Many thanks
Chris
Hereford Hornet

how to do that? how to give a page ID for each page? sorry coz i'm still new in this software. can u explain to me more??

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been away for a while. At the start of the page you need to put a calculation icon. Inside the icon create a variable such as PageID then set the PageID to 1 using the following code
PageID := 1 When you create the variaable authorware will ask you what it is for, just jot down anything that will remind you or another developer at a later date. If you have problems you can e-mail me chris@hope2help.fsnet.co.uk and I will be happy to send you an example. It's something that I use a lot, so no problems.
Good Luck
Chris Many thanks
Chris
Hereford Hornet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back