Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse not active after return for sleep WIN11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan - Gendev

Programmer
Jan 9, 2011
AU
I have two monitors and I use Sleep all the time however my mouse is not available on the right hand display only on the left when the PC becomes active again after Sleep.
I Switch users and log in again to overcome this but this causes various startup items to display every time requiring many [Cancels].
Has anyone else encountered this?

GenDev
Adelaide
South Australia

Also check your power settings. Sometimes there is a disconnect when it goes into power save mode. This also happens for LAN and USB.

If the other 2 replies don't do it for you you can try my solution, which is basicaly that sometimes, Windows might put USB devices to sleep to save power, which could be causing the issue. Go to Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers," right-click on your USB root hub, go to "Properties," then the "Power Management" tab. Make sure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked.

Hope it helps ya

Another alternative, if you are confident about operating the system without a mouse

[ol 1]
[li]Windows + R[/li]
[li]Type devmgmt.msc[/li]
[li]Press Alt-V (View)[/li]
[li]Move cursor to Show hidden Devices and hit return[/li]
[li]If nothing is highlighted, hit return[/li]
[li]Move cursor down to Human interface devices[/li]
[li]Hit return to expand[/li]
[li]You should see the touchpad - move the cursor to it[/li]
[li]Press Alt-A (Action}, select Disable[/li]
[li]Press Alt-A (Action), select Enable[/li]
[/ol]

You may need to do the enable/disable step a couple of times before the cursor appears. Then try a reboot to see if it is permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back