Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mouse moving around screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike722

MIS
Sep 8, 2001
BR
has anyone ever seen or know anything about a virus that makes the mouse randomly move around the screen on an NT Server? We have it and it's some sort of program running thats just making the mouse move on the screen. It stops fpr a few seconds and then starts again randomly. Weird!

Mike

Search for fun love virus in this forum. that is probably what it is

hth
Rob

What makes you think that it is the fun love virus?

sorry it isnt fun love.. that was stuck in my head for some reason. I do remeber a virus that does just what you are explaining, but cant remember the name of it now.. It will hit me later on, then I will repost (if no one else tells you first)

Rob

Maybe it's love first sight (just kidding). If I were you, I would download a sample anti-virus program and clean my computer. Of course if you can afford it, I recommend buying one. Almost anybody who knows a thing or two about computers will try to make their own home-brewed virus nowdays. I have norton firewall and macafee antivirus and they do a fine job. Also I recommend a router too.

...........gm

Try reinstalling your mouse software. If you have another mouse try it and see if the problem goes away.

You wouldn't happen to be using a KVM switch would you? Somewhere in one of the forums, I saw a similar problem that was traced back to a KVM.
James P. Cottingham

I am the Unknown lead by the Unknowing.
I have done so much with so little
for so long that I am now qualified
to do anything with nothing.

It also could be a conflict between your modem and some other device... Terry M. Hoey

Or it could simply be a prank program placed there for 'fun'. Have a look at the programs that load at startup - assuming it's not on 24/7. My suggestions are what I would try myself. If incorrect, I welcome corrections to my rather limited knowledge. Andy.

I had a problem with the cursor going from one thing to the next, clicking on it's own, would go to the next, etc. and it would gradually scroll down the screen. It was very strange. So, the fellow who built my computer came over and said it was the video driver and he managed to easily fix it. I wouldn't know if this is similar to your problem.

If you don't already have an AV solution, and can't invest in one now, try using the free online tool Housecall.

Can be found at:

Great tool. I use it as a suppliment to my other AV products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back