Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

smaxted

Vendor
Jun 16, 2002
CA
I have a microsoft USB mouse (ball not optical with coard) and every time i use it it keeps locking up untill I shake it. I don't know if something is going wrong with it or if it needs a good cleaning. If it needs a cleaning how do I go about this process as it doesn't have screws to disasemble it in the base of the mouse and I have always used the logitec roller ball type. Scotty Mac a.k.a smaxted

"Another day, another problem"

You will get in to clean it. Usually, as you probably know, you can unscrew part of the base with your fingers. I havent heard of one that didnt. If the cleaning doesnt work, im sorry but replacement seems the most likely cure

Microsoft really has me screwed on this one (pun intended) there are no screws what so ever on the bottom of the mouse. Not even under those gliders. I cleaned it and still nothing....I wish I could crack open that mouse! Scotty Mac a.k.a smaxted

"Another day, another problem"

Are you saying it doesn't even have the half dollar size thing on the bottom that pops off with a 1/4 twist? You know, the way you take the ball out. Then you can clean the rollers.

As far as getting into the whole mouse (though there's not much in there) you will find the screws under the pads on the bottom. Although you probably won't be able to put the pads back in place, they maybe glued in.

Go buy a new one, then use a hammer to open your old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back