Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mouse goes nuts when laptop is docked

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebootd

Technical User
Sep 5, 2001
US
I recently upgraded and reinstalled on a compaq presario 1624 laptop, win98, (lots of annoying propietary drivers, etc) and everything is working great, except when user hooks up to docking station: then the mouse goes nuts and
is impossible to use. My question is this: it seems that it would make sense that the driver for the dock mouse isn't installed, but I want to know if there is something else I should be aware of? I am totally unfamiliar with docking stations, so I would appreciate if someone could offer any tips. Thanks in advance.

make sure that the trac point is no enabled at the same time as the mouse . this causes very eratic mouse movements (like it jumps all over the screen)

You may also want to look into using the Hardware Profiles option under System Properties to create a second config that loads only the drivers you need when you're docked.

John "Remember you are unique, just like everyone else"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back