Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse does not work with Virtual Media connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

timwescott

Technical User
Oct 22, 2001
GB
Hello

I've booted a BL20p G3 from a Virtual CDrom, (on my local PC), as I have no access to the physical server. The server boots fine, but the mouse on the server is not active while Virtual Media is connected. As soon as it's disconnected it works fine.

This is a problem as I've booted from the Firmware Maintenance CD and it won't let me continue past the language selection because I can't click on the Continue button. I can't 'tab' to it either in order to press space/return. Once Virtual Media is disconnected I can click on 'continue', but it fails as I'm assuming it's looking for something on the CD to continue loading.

iLO version is 1.91

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

I forgot to add that this happens even when using the Dual Cursor mode.

Tim

I've seen that happen before, but it was not on a blade server. The tab still worked for me, it was just extremely difficult to see it. Give it a try, it might still work for you, too. I can't remember what the root cause was, at it was several years ago. I think it was an issue with the integrated iLO and I ended up replacing the system board.

Sorry I don't have any definite answers for you.

Found the answer to my problem. I had a tick in the 'High Performance Mouse'. Once un-checked the mouse worked with Virtual Media still connected.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back