Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse disorder and wondering in games 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancerium

Technical User
Dec 14, 2002
CZ
Hi; ;)

I have a small game center with win 98 SE computers.
Ps/2 rate software installed. some times during some games
like counter-strike mouse start to disorder and wondering around! so you cant control it and you should restart the system. These happened for some systems with old mother boards and PIII 650 . I check many things but I cant find a solution. thanks for your suggestions!

Turn down mouse acceleration...and video acceleration

gargouille ....good post..

If that doesn't help you should check to see if a ram / video ram upgrade would be beneficial, or whether you have anything else running that is causing this.

My antivirus causes problems like this one while gaming with intensive graphics. Kimber

The more I learn,I realize how much more there is to know!

I've had wandering mouse action before and the only thing that saved me was scraping the mouse and getting a new one.

What type of mouse do you have. I have an optical mouse that was doing the same thing for a while until I discovered it was the type of mouse mat I was using. No I'm not extracting the urine, it's true. Anyway hope your sorted by now

may seem really simple but dirt/grit in the mouse rollers picked up off the mat can cause these problems.
Take the ball out of the middle and check the the rollers are all clean and have no dirt "caked" onto them.
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back