Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mountmgr.sys is corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob303

Technical User
May 14, 2004
FI
Hi, I've just got a brand spanking new PC (xp 2800, 160gb, 512 ram, ecs n2u400-a motherboard) which was built for me by the shop I got it from, needless to say they haven't been any use as yet. The bios was already set to boot from CD but when I put my copy of win xp pro in set up fails with "mountmgr.sys is corrupted". I tried fdisk and partition the drive with one active primary partition of 5% and the rest an extended one. I pretty new to pc's in general and was hoping someone out there had some idea of what is going wrong. I don't think it's the disk as when I put it in my old pc and my laptop, it runs with the "what do you want do" screen.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rob

Hi thanks for the advice and the links...but I just read before something about whether the disc was dirty or not...gave it a wipe and hey presto it works...never think of the simple things when it comes to pcs...thanks anyway though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back