Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mounting to remote CD Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2002
US
I currently maintain a HP-UX 10.20 server that has a CD drive (Internal) with it. I now have a user that wants to know if the could remotely mount to the drive from an UltraSprac Sun machine. While I have configured mount points between HP machines, I've never messed with a SUN station all that much.

Can someone give me the datails on doing this and if the fact that the two are different makes will have an issue ?

Any help is appreciated...

Try looking at this thread in the Sun:Solaris forum. Although this particular thread is for Sun to Sun, you could try it with HP as the server.

thread60-547280

If this doesn't answer your question, I'd suggest posting it again in the Sun forum and see if you get help there. I have always found NFS with HP easier than with Sun (but don't let that scare you!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back