Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mounting a x300 and x330

Status
Not open for further replies.

joedavis123

Technical User
Mar 24, 2006
US
Hello,

I've had an IBM x300 eServer for a few months, and I purchased a rail kit when I got the server. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the rail kit works with my rack, it extends too far beyond the back posts, and all 4 posts are already extended as far as they can be. So I am using a shelf for the time being. I just purchased a x330 from eBay so I really need to figure out a way to get these two servers (both 1U) mounted properly. Here is a link to a rail kit similiar to what I currently have:

Also here is a link to my rack:

I don't think it is a standard kind of rack, but it does what I need - other than mounting these IBM servers properly :) Can anyone provide any info as to whether that rail kit is supposed to only work with certain racks? Also does anyone have any suggestions of how I could mount these computers properly, without having to sit them on a shelf?

Thanks!

The IBM xseries racks are (I think) 24" deep rather than the more normal 19" deep (both are 19" wide), you will need a deeper than normal rack to use the rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back