Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mount zfs drive made on another server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2004
US
Hello,
I have an external hard drive that was the root mirror on another server that was running Solaris 10(on an Ultra 2.) I'm now running a T2000 and I have a SCSI card enabling me to see this disk, but I have no clue how to mount it so that I can use some of the files off the drive. Any help would be appreciated

If you can see the disk then you'll need to do 'zpool import' to get the numeric ID of the pool if you named the root pool 'rpool' on both the Ultra 2 and the T2000. After that, I think 'zpool import -f -N -F -m <insert numeric ID here> oldpool' will work. This will import the pool and name it 'oldpool'. You can then mount the filesystem(s) contained in the pool to /mnt to get to the files within.

_______
Linnorm

Mounting the filesystems is easy too. You'll need to do 'zfs list' to get a list of the filesystems on oldpool. After that you can pick which filesystem you want to mount and use 'zfs set mountpoint=/mnt oldpool/filesystem', where filesystem is the filesystem you want to mount, and then 'zfs mount oldpool/filesysm' to mount it to /mnt. From there you can access it normally to get the files you're interested in.

_______
Linnorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back