Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mount points

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermxl1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2004
US
New problem....

I've got a new client that runs SharePoint software on Win2k and when I run a backup on it I get:

... SHAREPOINT:> Unauthorized application....

Now, obviously Networker sees the Sharepoint app on the client and maybe there's a module for Sharepoint. But I don't see where it got the SHAREPOINT:> drive from because that doesn't exist on the client. I'm just trying to do a flat file backup.

Since I had Save Set set to ALL the easy fix was to just specify the C, D, and SYSTEM * stuff but I was just wondering how Networker went about figuring mount points on Windows servers? I don't like specifying mount points if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Herm

I have not personally worked with Sharepoint right now. However, i interprete the message as this application has not properly been licensed.

Do you have such license in place?

Nope,

No Legato license for Sharepoint but is there a Legato module for it? I don't think so...

I agree this sounds like a license issue but I'm just trying to do a flat file backup. This extra mount point shouldn't be showing up.

There is no such module. However, like backup to disc, you need to license it. Please ask your Legato rep to a temp license to check.

See the 7.1 windows admin guide for Networker, round about page 693, for details of versions of sharepoint supported, license and software/services requirements.

3097946 Error:'No full backups of this save set were found in the media database'

Hi Ed,
You are working late! Backup of Sharepoint 2003 on Windows 2003 is not currently supported. RFE LGTpa54028 has been filed for this issue. Supported is slated for release 7.5 ( I do not have a tentative release date). There is talks of an alternate solution and I will inquire for you if/when this will be available. Debbie

Ed Skolnik

Has Sharepoint support for Windows 2003/Sharepoint 2003 been added to Networker yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back