Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mount point u01 not mounting help

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulson

Programmer
Jun 25, 2001
IN
my database oracle 7.3.2 on sco unix release 5 is down and this is because of the uo1 mount point not mounting and
if i can mount that i will have my databse running
I tried to mount giving command mount /u01 and it gave me error mount failure is there anyother way i can mount.
if i can not mount then what option do i have
i have the data in a dump file but the sys and system dumps are not there neither the backup of the physical files.

if anybody can help me out please let me know

You didn't give the right parameters. Requires 2. Mount hardware point and mount filesystem point.
For example, I designed some systems with 2 hard drives. The second hard drive is located with (l /dev/hd*) which shows devides hdo* and hd1*. Divvy on the hd1 complete device shows a device avs. On the root filesystem is a directoty entry avs. So my mount is therefore:
mount /dev/avs /avs. This takes care of the one time physical mount. To get automatic mount on boot you use scoadmin to add the filesystem, providing the same information and tell it to mount always. Can't give exact since I'm still on 3.2v4.2 and it uses different. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

It also depends on what the error message was when you tried to mount the filesystem. Does the filesystem need an fsck check? (options will depend on what type of filesystem it is). Sometimes on a HTFS filesystem you need to force it to to a "-ofull" cleaning.

man filesys will give you all the options that you can manually configure in /etc/default/filesys which controls what gets automatically mounted and when.

hth
stan

the error i get is when i trey to mount (mount /dev/u01 /u01) is
mount: possibly damaged file system mount failed {error 28}
but when i mount it in read only mode and do df -k
i get free blocks as 51165 and 246063 as i-nodes
it /etc/default/filesys i checked and found that fsck is set to "no" and and fstyp=HTFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back