Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MotorolaSM56PCI Speaker Phone Internal Modem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnicalTeacher

Technical User
Jan 19, 2002
IN
I have upgraded my Operating System to windows XP. I have Motorola SM56PCI Speaker Phone Internal Modem. I have driver CD for this modem, but this driver is not working for Windows XP. Please help me ?

well first of all u have upgraded to windows xp or a clean install.if u have upgraded than i dont think that there might be any problem with the modem it just gives a warning about the driver but it works fine .

if have a clean install of windows xp then remove ur modem and try again with add new hardware , make a copy of driver on ur harddisk and give the relevant path..

if there is a problem in detecting the modem than

open my computer ,right click and go to device manager
remove ur modem or uninstall it and refresh it will detect ur modem and install the driver from ur HDD

i hope this works for u

happy sufing

bye

does anyone know how to turn off the sound for the motorola sm56 internal speakerphone modem. i have alreday turn the speaker volume to 0 in the properties for the modem but when dial up occurs i still get sound.

Ghostman

hello dear,
my motorola sm56pci speaker phone modem used to work properley,in error i deleted some registery files and formated hard disk.than reloded w98 again. now in device manager, in modems manufact.'s i do not see model sm56 pci, also can not find com port 3. i have copied drivers from vanguard's site. please help

many thanks.

I have upgraded my Operating System to windows XP. I have Motorola SM56PCI Speaker Phone Internal Modem. I have driver CD for this modem, but this driver is not working for Windows XP. Please help me ?

To all users with WINDOWS XP and seeking the drivers,

Just go to site;

You can download the driver there.
Select the driver from the following category;
HPI56M -- Mercury Internal 56K Fax Modem

Exactly what u have to down load is file;
HPI56M_XP8432.exe

I hope u will be get trouble free now.
Wise guy...
(one who suffered with the same prob and who had the answer !)

For those who are stuck with a motorola SM56 modem, motorola has discontinued the modem business and modems are produced no more. So i suggest Windows XP users to go to the page

and download Win2000 drivers and install it after a clean install of Win XP on your machine. It may not work if you had UPGRADED from older versions of Windows.
If it works, do drop a word to me at chandru@swissinfo.org.
Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back