Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

motorola symbol roaming issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teltech2013

Technical User
Oct 4, 2010
US
So we have a Symbol/Motorola rfs7000 and we have been having a lot of issues with new devices. Specifically with them locking up while roaming. I imagine that the fix will most likely be a new driver / firmware from the vendors. I did notice the other day while testing though that one of the devices were having a problem with. A thin client on a cart with a Atheros AR938x device. I'm not able to find a lot of information on that particular adapter, however i did notice that it is a 802.11 G / N devices. Does anyone think that there would be an issue with a device that does not have the backwards compatibility to a 802.11 B?

I've already eliminated any interference issues. and we don't have any N deployments yet, so no issues with green fielding.

Would appreciate any input anyone would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back