Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Motorola SM56 PCI Internal modem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rozy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2007
IL
HI GUYS!
I recently upgraded my os to xp and my modem is not functioning. i tried all the links on this forum but i can't open it and the connection speed is too slow where i live if some body already has down load it plz help!
thx!

Have the same problem. It hurts but the best advice is to install a new modem. Make sure xp drivers are available before you purchase.

Is there any driver for XP ? Please tell me thanks so much!!
hanswang@mail.giga.net.tw

what's with this motorola modem every body everywhere is havin' a problem with it and it hurts so plz anybody who has the driver for xp plz hellllllp!!!

hey joe i guess i don't have to install a new modem i had it all figured out despite the places i dug. i used the driver for 2000 it works.

thx all u guys and best regards!

##I can use the motorola sm56 pci internal modem with win2000 driver provided by computer associations.
It was also shipped with the motorola pci modem.
It works well on Xp without disconnection, but problems on WinMe with frequently disconnection (also resolved)###
by

For those with Motorola SM56 PCI, i have a solution that doesn't make the modem disconnect every time your hdd is overworking or whenever you run large programs. I had a serious problem in which every time I even put a cd on my cdrom, un archived a file, or played a game, i got disconnected. I couldn't work on my pc that way at all, therefore I've spent hundreds of hours searching in webpages for something that might help, like init strings or whatever.. none worked. Only what i did worked, and I hope this works out for other pci-based modems, too:

Go to control panel > system > device manager
> view devices by type > system devices
under that you should find "pci bus", double click on it, go to settings and choose
"use bios"
then go to irq steering and make sure to set it all like this:

(checked) use irq steering
(unchecked) get irq table using acpi bios
(checked) get irq table using ms specification table
(unchecked) get irq table from protected mode pcibios 2.1 call
(checked) get irq table from real mode pcibios 2.1 call

do the same in device manager > view devices by connection > system devices > pci bus

then click ok and restart your pc.

hi guys,
i have the same problem as with rozy. even i have upgraded my os to winxp.so pls send me motorola sm56 pci internal modem driver for win me,win xp.plz guys.

the 2000 drivers will only work in a version of xp that hasnt been upgraded.

hello any one can give me Motorola Internal Driver SM56 for Win XP please Help me
Contact at: laxmansharmay2k@hotmail.com

i am having trouble finding drivers for win me ..please help!

i recently tried installing Xp and win2k on my system, both failed abysmally to get my motorola sm56 modem to work. none of the drivers at all on 2 different cds i have work and the motorola web site ones are incomplete or just mess up again. i cant use my modem in win2k or xp at all, im stuck with awful win98. my modem is the pci2 version as it uses direct x for sound, but the drivers i hav on disk and from the web site dont have the .inf file or the actual files for when it detects the serial wave device, it sets it up as a Uniplex sumfink or other and will not be changed at all. anyone hav the full drivers?

i recently tried installing Xp and win2k on my system, both failed abysmally to get my motorola sm56 modem to work. none of the drivers at all on 2 different cds i have work and the motorola web site ones are incomplete or just mess up again. i cant use my modem in win2k or xp at all, im stuck with awful win98. my modem is the pci2 version as it uses direct x for sound, but the drivers i hav on disk and from the web site dont have the .inf file or the actual files for when it detects the serial wave device, it sets it up as a Uniplex sumfink or other and will not be changed at all. anyone hav the full drivers?

i want to download motorola ms 56 fax modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back