Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

motorola sm56 modem on W2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Help needed please!!!

my motorola modem was worknig ok on windows 2000,
It then had a hard disk failure which resulted in a new hard disk and re-installing windows 2000.
Since then the modem does not work properly. I installed the same driver as before but it does not dial through a normal dialup connection. It does however work in hyperterminal, so the modem cant be broken!!

I have tried EVERYTHING! and im running out of ideas!
has anyone else had this issue?

will be very grateful for any advise!
thanks.......

I have a problem, My telephone set is connected via modem. I have a dial-up network system from my head office to Branch. I can call out using telephone set and I can dial in to collect data from the branch, using dial-up server monitoring. If I set the dial-up server monitoring, I can not use the telephone set to call to talk becuase the dial-up server activates and goes directly to the modem after the first ring.
My question, is there a way to differentiate and call either modem or telephone set?
Please help me with a solution, I am living in Africa and we do not get much support.
Francis <francis_somer@yahoo.com>

Hello,

zOestar. I have the same problem!
Is it 'cos of the IRQ sharing under W2K?
Do you have a solution for this problem?

thx,
K'suiker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back