Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Motorola SB4200 --- Problem setting up an online game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debazer

Technical User
Jan 12, 2005
ES
I have a Motorola SB4200 SURFBoard modem. I share a LAN with my brother's PC. We are trying to set up an online game with some friends, but we are unable to. The game seems to require 2 ports to be open, and we don't know how to open these.

I'm not using Windows XP firewall. I only use Norton Antivirus, but i've tried turning it off and still we are unable to connect to the game. Also none of our friends can connect with us if I act as the server.

Any suggestion will be very appreciated.

No ports will be blocked by your modem (some may be blocked by your ISP, but for the most part, none above 1024 are blocked on thier end). If you have a router that is controlling your LAN, it would probably be the source of the blocked ports. Try bypassing it to test. If so, you will need to forward the needed ports in your router.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back