Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOTOROLA SB4200 NOT RECOGNIZED

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKLAFTER

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
US
Recently, my SB4200 has stopped being recognized by the system when I boot the machine (i.e., the entry under Network Adaptors for the SB4200 shows a yellow exclamation point). To get it on-line, I have to disconnect the power cord, wait a few seconds, and then reconnect the power. This does the job after the modem initialized. Some info: Running under WIN98; modem and computer connected to a power strip so the modem comes on before the computer finishes booting; modem is communicating to the computer via a USB port. Once upon a time, the modem worked fine with this arrangement but something changed. Any ideas since Motorola hasn't got a clue.

I would get a ethernet card. forget win 98 and usb it is not a reliable means of network connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back