Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Motorola 68k core Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvharisha

Programmer
Feb 19, 2002
IN
hi,

I have a 32 bit 68k core motorola controller. The problem with that is when it is connected to PC through RS232, using hyper terminal(in Windows) or minicomp(in linux), i get the "debug> " with details about the kit. But when i try to type any thing, it is not taking. ("Help" gives help, and "Show" gives the details of Registers). I have given the baud rate, stop bit and no bits per char and parity bit correctly (according to the manual).

Can any one sujjest me how to solve this problem.

thaking you all
harisha.n.v

So... when you type 'help', does it give help, or not? Is it supposed to give help but doesn't?

My suggestion is to read the manual real well.

"Information has a tendency to be free. Which means someone will always tell you something you don't want to know."

my experience is that if you dont get the setup of terminal and the like correct it wont handle all of the control codes correctly.

If the debug,help and show are being generated correctly by the motorola then the display settings maybe correct.

If what you type is not being accepted then the sending setup is not correct.

the chip may require an initialisation code from you before you can start to configure it which leads me to the age old saying 'RTFM'

Straiph.
(Read the f**king manual) for those who dont know.
0000:0000:0000:0000h
The people who have nothing to say and say it too loud have little knowledge, It's the quiet ones you need to worry about!

Please take no offence, as RTFM is a good joke between colleagues and the truth of the matter it is the solution to 95% of the problems. :)

T'Tar
Straiph 0000:0000:0000:0000h
The people who have nothing to say and say it too loud have little knowledge, It's the quiet ones you need to worry about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back