Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

motions are jerky after transfer to miniDV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lechon

Programmer
Jul 18, 2002
CA
i made a movie with titles and other video moving across the screen and zooming in & out.. basically using the motion attribute to create sum animation. it runs nicely and smoothly on my computer (and even when i transfer to VCD). BUT when i record back onto mini dv (via iLINK to my camcorder), the motions arent smooth..they are jagged. this is also apparent when i reverse a video clip.

is this sumthing i hav 2 live with? or is there sumthing im missing when i transfer to mini dv.. and ultimately to VHS.

thnx

It's all about, upper and lower fields and deinterlaced video.
If you press right mouse button on a clip select video and then video fields. there you have 4 options, and a reverse interlaced button. your problem is in there. because you reverse your video your video lines will mix up to and you computer wont know the differance but you t.v will read the lines and then it will become jerky, so if you try the options, premiere will reverse the lines for you so it will become perfectly smooth on your t.v screen.
Otherwise go to your premiere help and search for interlaced.
They perfectly explain it there.

Goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back