Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

motherboard temperature from dll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

heiron

Programmer
Dec 1, 2014
GR
Hello,
I want to create a Project in VC++ which will gather Info from motherboard sensors (temperature etc.), I know basocs and more in VC++, I have googled it and found that I can't direct Access bios only from assemply language or some 3rd party dll but found only for linux any dll to Access the bios for win 32? or any other method I don't know? I don't want the code just the way or the dll.

May not be the answer you want but it is a starting step. From a cmd prompt, type

wmic /?

I don't know which OS you are using. On the earlier ones like XP, wmic will install itself the first time you use it. The later ones come with wmic preinstalled.

The bios stuff can be obtained using

wmic bios get *

The temperature can be obtained by using something like

wmic /namespace:\\root\wmi PATH MSAcpi_TermalZoneTemperature get *

But not all hardware supports this. Once you've woked out which wmi groups you wish to interrogate, you can start looking up the wmi API in C++.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back