Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Motherboard or NT problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcimiky

MIS
Nov 5, 2001
US
I'm upgrading from a pent.100 to a AMD Thunderbird 900 on an ECS K7SEM motherboard. I'm using a new case with 300 watt power supply and 128 MB of PC133 SDRAM. The problem I keep coming across is that when I boot with NT 4.0 Sp6a. I receive a Stop:0x00000050 error message, but the hard drive still work in the old machine. I've check out the cache and the video like Microsoft says to do, and it still will not load past the Blue Screen Of Death. For fun, I installed a hard drive with Windows '98 SE and it worked with on problems. I've look for the answer on line with on luck. Any ideas??? I Thank You All!!!!!

dcimiky :~/

Is all your new hardware on the Hardware compitibility list for NT? Hope this Helps

Maruis
"I sleep at home not on my Job!"

Didn't u reinstall NT after upgrade? Old mobo drivers conflict with new chipset

ECS board has SIS chipset? P100 had Intel? so if you didn't reformat the drive and install ECS board drivers there would be a conflict!
Martin Vote if you found this post helpful please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back