Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

most stable software relase for 412

Status
Not open for further replies.

akb1111

Programmer
Aug 28, 2008
US
hey guys,

just wondering what the most stable release software version is for the 412. we upgraded a system from a 403 3.2.55 to a 412 4.2.14 there are a lot of differences the newer version has. i know the jump from 3.2 to 4.2 would be different. they have a lot of virtual extensions that show up busy on the DSS button of the receptionist. these virtual extensions are forwarded to their cell phones. for some reason, the newer version does not like this set up??

anyways....would it be better to go back to a earlier release, say 4.0.x or 4.1.x?

thanks for the help!

how do you mean it doesnt like it? what isnt working?

they would show as busy, because they are extns that are forwarded (i assume unconditionally?)

the latest build should always be the most stable

0118999 88199 9119725..3

in the 3.2.55 we had these extensions set up this way the same way.....no phone, but the user forwarded unconditionally without the light on the DSS on. i could understand if they were set to DND, but not forwarded? maybe that was a bug that was fixed from 3.2.55???? any suggestions would be helpfull with this situation.

we also noticed that overhead paging has been weird?? it works, but when they start talking/paging the person that is paging has to have the phone right up next to their mouth or it wont pick up their voice. dont know if there is a sensitivity issue with the new software??? maybe they just need to hold the phone to their mouth a little closer???

i also have a "dial delay" time issue. i think this is due to a signal issue with the provider..... the switched from a "copper" T1 to a VOIP type service that acts the same way a traditioal T1 without us knowing. the problem is that when they dial, a counter starts, dont know which one...then after 2 seconds another timer starts (the dial delay time starts)anyways....we are going to make them set it up as a PRI. this should fix a lot of the problems they are having. all in all, this is the biggest problem...it takes about 7-8 seconds to dial out whit the "dial delay time" set to 3 ???

also have a couple of phones with volume issues..... one phone has a volume issue with incoming calls not outgoing. this is a 4424D+ set on a DS16. or there any setting for this i might be able to check? im going to replace the phone with a 5410 set to see if that works??? one 4424D+ is on a DS30v2. dont know if it was upgraded correctly? maybe i should reupgrade?

we have a 412 (4.2.14)
DS30v2
DS16
phone 8

thanks again for the help.

Did you upgrade the ds30 to 3.2.999 first ?
All DSv2 modules need to !

RTFM.gif

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back