Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Most Recent Version of DW w/ (true) WYSIWYG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Freeberg

Technical User
Mar 31, 2018
US
hello...

Working in Macromedia DW 2004...obviously need to upgrade. Downloaded CC 2018 trial version, only to find it's no longer a true WYSIWYG app.

I design by 'drawing' layers (divs), not by having to place them strategically in the code...I design like a graphic illustrator would in constructing a magazine page; & then fine tune the whole business in Code View. [& that newest version is also missing different ways to manipulate text (e.g., italic, bold, font size, etc.) easily].

So...unless I'm missing something here...& there is indeed a simple 'Insert Layer' button somewhere I've failed to pick up on...can someone please tell me when this function was thrown out (so I can get the previous year's release)?

thanx,

Mark F

You might investigate Adobe Muse as an alternative for the workflow you desire.

spamjim...

thanx, man! (hoping they have a Draw Layer/Div function, 'cause sadly DW CC 2018 does not. It's said they took it out due to the unacceptability of absolute positioning, but it seems to me that any app should be able to draw a layer & position it in accordance w. CSS)

MF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back