Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Most Recent Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammybee77

Technical User
Jun 18, 2001
GB
Hi,

Please help!

I need to retrieve the comments from the most recent date. If for example Table1 contains the id, firstname, lastname and Table2 contains id date and comments. Table1 id = table2 id. Table 2 has the following data:

01/01/01 test comments 1
12/03/01 test comments2
12/02/01 test commments3

I want to be able to retrieve the comments with the most recent date everytime e.g. test comments2. How would you write a formula that would only ever bring up the data entered last?

Many thanks

Sam

Hi,

Group by your date field, in descending order, and put the details to be output in the group header.

This will do what you want automatically.

Hth,
Geoff

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I can't group by date field as the report is already grouped, and I need accurate results as report is to be run by a user.

Is there a formula that can be written to select this field where field2=most recent date in table where id=id?

Many thanks

Sam

Hi,

Why not apply a condition to the suppression of the details section.

{Table.DATE} <> Maximum ({Table.DATE})

Cara.

Rem: Suppression occurs when the boolean is true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back