Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

most popular books for c

Status
Not open for further replies.

guduru

Programmer
Jul 2, 2000
IN
please notify me about popular c -books

The book that has been used in my class is C: The complete referecne, third edition from the mcgraw hill compaies.&nbsp;&nbsp;I found it to be a very good, even gave instructions on how to build a c interpreter and also goes into some A.I.&nbsp;&nbsp;I would check out the library first too, since C is a pretty old language and hasnt't changed in awhile you can find good books their.<br><br>good luck, if you are just starting you can find free C compilers at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> the best one i have used is djgpp using the rhide gui debuger, good luck <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= my site</a><br>"In the beginning there was HTML, and it was good"<br>
by Nick Heinle, Designing with JavaScript<br>
<br>
<br>

I'd recommend:<br><br>C:How To Program (second edition)<br>H.M. Dietel & P.J. Dietel<br>Prentice Hall International<br>ISBN: 0-13-288333-3<br><br>It's a good start from scratch book with handy sections on software engineering and good programming techniques. It labours a few points every now and then but I found it a good learner book. <br><br>tmoses is right as well, Complete Reference is another good book, it's better for looking up functions etc.. I've still got the first edition (a &quot;Now with ANSI C!&quot; blurb on the front ;-))<br><br>Hope that Helps<br>Loon

The best book is
&quot;The C programming Language&quot; By

Brain w. kernighan
Dennis M.ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back