Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Most Efficient Report Distribution Method 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IngDep

MIS
Feb 7, 2008
US
Insight needed as to the most efficient report distribution method.

Currently produce and email over 25 reports to internal departments. Now, I need to not only distribute the 25 internal reports but also need to prepare
5 reports that need to be distributed to external customers as well!

What would be the most efficient method available for the distribution of the internal and external reports?

Currently reading about sharepoint and don't know if this is the way to go or not.

In the past, I have emailed the internal reports - splitting up and compressing the reports that are over 30 megabytes and sending in separate emails!

Thanks in advance.

I'll assume you're talking about Word reports and not Access. Still the theory is basically the same. For the internal reports, can't you just place them on a shared drive?
For the external, you can always build a web page template and have them look at the reports on the 'net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back