Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Most devices updated at once using NetConfig

Status
Not open for further replies.

UMBEng

MIS
Oct 30, 2002
US
Has anyone encountered any problems attempting to update a high quantity of devices using NetConfig? We seem to hit a 60 device limit. If we try to exceed 60 devices we get an error message on devices 61 and higher indicating the update failed or was not attempted.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Having done the official CiscoWorks2000 course I remember the CCIE instructor commenting it would be "ambitious" to ever try and configure more than 16 devices!

I hit a limit on previous versions as you described (arround 100)

I am currenlty running 4th edition with the latest patches
Netconfig Version is 3.3
I ran a job last week with 395 devices
- 375 succeded
- 20 failed due to timeout/passwords

Thank you both for your responses. We're running 4th edition, but I'll need to check the Netconfig version and patch levels.

Euh... What is netconfig ? I need to configure several switch in one manipulation, if you could explain me, it will be great :)
Guillaume

OK... let's forget it.. I know what "netconfig" is, it is in 'the ressource manger'. The problem is I am new in network technologie so I have some stupid problem.
Best Regards,

Guillaume

Just an additional note to this thread. Having just installed 5th Edition, there is now much greater scalability of netconfig, apparently to 500 devices.

Just watch out for the gotchas on installing if you have a multi-processor solaris box !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back