Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOSS contacts list -read-only in Outlook but not in WSS 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2005
US
We started our SharePoint venture with WSS 3.0. Had it all ready to go from development to production and then they upgraded on us. So we had to build our production SharePoint environment with MOSS 2007 and go from there.

Everything went fairly well but something I am having problems resolving is using Outlook 2007 with contact and lists and such. In WSS, I connect to Outlook from the web interface. WIthin Outlook, I see the WSS contacts. I can then copy a contact from my Outlook contacts to the WSS list I just connected to.

When I do this with the MOSS server, I get a message that the list is read-only. I am not finding that anyone is surprised by this.

Why is it I can copy my contacts in Outlook to a WSS 3.0 contact list but not to a MOSS 2007 contact list.

I am using the system account just to be sure there isn't a permission issue that is causing this but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Both WSS & MOSS are built on virtual machines running W2kR2. We are using Office 2007 professional.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back