Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOSS 2007 Workflow Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotgoods

Technical User
Apr 2, 2012
US
Our IT department decided to "clean up" the mess that is Sharepoint, and now all of a sudden I have lost access to create workflows. I used to have full control over a particular Sharepoint site, but when IT did their clean up, they removed individual permission levels, and moved everyone into a group. So now I'm in a Sharepoint group that has full control, but I have completely lost access to workflows.

My understanding is that the workflow folder does not inherit permissions from the site, and so now this new Sharepoint group does not have access. The IT guy working on this doesn't even have access. Is there any way to fix this?

Oh, and I should clarify that I'm trying to add workflows using Sharepoint Designer, and I get an error that says "This website does not support workflows created by Sharepoint Designer.

This website does not support workflows created by Sharepoint Designer."

Sounds like someone disabled creating workflows from Central Admin.
Central Administration > Application Management > Workflow Settings

permissions...
try this, Site Actions --> Site Settings
Under Users and Permissions, click on People and Groups.
Once in People and Groups, click on Settings, then Set Up Groups.

From there you should be able to setup the items you need.

The url to the page I'm referencing is:
/_layouts/permsetup.aspx

IT tells me that workflows are enabled for my site. And the groups and permissions are all set up properly, as far as I can tell.

I think the issue is that the workflow folder became orphaned when the permissions changed. So now, no one is able to even see the workflow folder in order to restore the permissions.

Yep, I can access the site using SharePoint Designer, but the workflows don't show up, and when I try to add one, that's when I get the error.

At this point I'm thinking this is a lost cause, and that I should move my libraries needing workflows to a new SP site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back