Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOSS 2007 Excel Services New Web Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnQTech

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2007
US
I am unable to get the Excel Document to open within a browser on a new web application. It works under the first default web application, but not yet able to provide that function on any other web applications. I enabled features on all existing sites, just in case. The problem is if I set the default option to open the Excel document in a browser, or if I use the drop down menu and select open in a browser, it does not open.

After creating a new web application, then new site collection, a blank site, I did the following:
• Site Collection Administration, activated the Excel Services Enterprise feature
• Site Administration, activated Excel Services Enterprise feature
• Created a Document Library, using the Excel Template
• Added the Document Library to the SharedServices, Excel Services Trusted File Locations
• Changed the Document Library setting to open in browser by default (or use drop down)

So then clicking on an uploaded spreadsheet I receive "An error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator if this problem persists." This is not so helpful, that’s me.

JohnQTech

The answer to this is during the creation of the Web Application, do not use Network Service, specify one of the users you created during the installation of the product.

Otherwise the Excel Web Access does not propagate to the Web App and will not work.

JohnQTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back